On Wednesday, December 5th, the Our Lady of Lourdes Math Team hosted the DUSO (Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan and Orange counties) Math Team competition for our Section. With almost 70 students from Lourdes, Pawling High School, Poughkeepsie High School, and Spackenkill High School, Our Lady of Lourdes performed admirably. Some highlights from the night included:
- The Lourdes A Team, consisting of Raymond Aye, Theo DeGuzman, Jerry Gong, Amanda Romero, and Albert Zhu placed 3rd out of the 15 competing teams.
- The Lourdes B Team, consisting of Darren Horton, David McGrath, Lydia Vigne, and Brian Zhu, competed with one member less than usual and placed 8th.
- We would like to make a special mention for the following students:
- Raymond Aye was one of only 4 students to earn 5 out of 6 possible points.
- Albert Zhu was one of only 10 students to earn 4 out of 6 possible points.
We look forward to continued success from Our Lady of Lourdes during the regular season competition. Go Lourdes!!
OLL Math Team coach: Mrs. Murphy