On Wednesday, February 6th, the Our Lady of Lourdes Math Team competed in the last regular season DUSO (Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan and Orange counties) Math Team competition for our Section at Our Lady of Lourdes High School. With over 70 students from Lourdes, Pawling High School, Poughkeepsie High School, and Spackenkill High School, Our Lady of Lourdes performed admirably.
Some highlights from the night included:
- The Lourdes A Team, consisting of Raymond Aye, Theo DeGuzman, Jerry Gong, Amanda Romero, and Albert Zhu tied for 1st place with Spackenkill A team
- The Lourdes B Team, consisting of Darren Horton, David McGrath, Kyle Shi, Lydia Vigne, and Brian Zhu placed 6th.
- Raymond Aye and Albert Zhu deserve a special recognition for being 2 of only 4 students to correctly answer 5 out of the 6 individual questions.
- Theo DeGuzman and Darren Horton were 2 of only 10 students to correctly answer 4 out of the 6 individual questions.
- The Lourdes A team is now officially ranked #1 in our section.
- The Lourdes A team will be competing at Sectionals in March. Raymond Aye and Albert Zhu are competing at the NYS Math League Competition in April.
OLL Math Team coach: Mrs. Murphy