According to The Chamber Foundation, the ATHENA Award is given annually to a member of the community who best embodies the ATHENA Leadership Model. The Model is unique in that it focuses on the personal traits of strong, successful leaders. It captures the spirit and collaborative leadership style often exemplified in women leaders, while also recognizing the importance of traits such as courageous acts and fierce advocacy in the pursuit of excellence.
The 2022 ATHENA honorees are:
• Cara Mia Bacchiochi of Hope on a Mission
• Brittany Cataldo of M&T Bank
• Patty Driever of IBM
• Jenny Fox of Connexus Credit Union
• Amy Greiner of Tompkins Community Bank
•Catherine Merryman, of Our Lady of Lourdes High School
• Christine Pellegrino of Pellegrino Healing Center and Pellegrino Integrative Cancer Center
• Patricia Shannon of Community Primary Care
• Rebecca Simpson of The Pines at Poughkeepsie Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation
The ATHENA Award recognizes those, regardless of gender, who strive toward the highest levels of professional accomplishment by excelling in their chosen profession, devoting time and energy to their community in meaningful ways, and actively guiding or mentoring women to become great leaders.
This year, the honorees were recognized in a ceremony on December 1, 2022. See the slide show of pictures below from the award ceremony.
Congratulations Mrs. Merryman on this well-deserved honor!