To be eligible for either La Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica, Capítulo San Ignacio de Loyola of Our Lady of Lourdes High School or La Società Onoraria Italica, Capitolo Santa Caterina da Siena of Our Lady of Lourdes High School, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- The student must be actively enrolled in your target language class (Spanish or Italian.)
Students may initiate the application process in the spring of their sophomore year, and will be recognized in the spring of their junior year. Students may also apply in the spring of junior year, and those students will be recognized and inducted in the spring of senior year. All students will be inducted in senior year. It is recommended that students begin the process as a sophomore as they will be eligible for any scholarships the societies offer.
- The student must request and insist that Spanish/Italian be placed on his/her schedule for the following year and that this will take priority over any other elective.
- Transfer students must have spent one full semester in the program before eligibility.
- The student must have a cumulative 90 average or higher in all Spanish/Italian classes from grade 9 to the present.
- The student must have a minimum overall cumulative, non-weighted average of 85.
- Students must complete 10 hours (with proof) of community service specific to the Spanish/Italian community.
Kindly submit your completed application to:
Mrs. Daly, World Languages Coordinator by the due date indicated on
Suggestions for service hours and all other questions should be e-mailed to the World Languages Department Coordinator.