To be eligible for either La Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica, Capítulo San Ignacio de Loyola of Our Lady of Lourdes High School or La Società Onoraria Italica, Capitolo Santa Caterina da Siena of Our Lady of Lourdes High School, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- The student must be actively enrolled in your target language class (Spanish or Italian.)
- The student must be enrolled in Spanish/ Italian 3 or higher and must be in their Junior year of High School (or apply the summer going into their Junior year.)
- The student must request and insist that Spanish/Italian be placed on his/her schedule for the following year and that this will take priority over any other elective.
- Transfer students must have spent one full semester in the program before eligibility.
- The student must have a cumulative 90 average or higher in all Spanish/Italian classes from grade 9 to present.
- The student must have a minimum overall cumulative, non-weighted average of 85.
- Students must complete 10 hours (with proof) of community service specific to the Spanish/Italian community
- Juniors who are already accepted into the society must reapply for their senior year
Kindly submit your completed application to
Mrs. Daly, Coordinator of LOTE by the due date indicated on the application.
Suggestions for service hours and all other questions should be e-mailed to the LOTE Department Coordinator.